Thursday 5 January 2017

Is A Towbar for Mitsubishi Pajero Capable enough?

A towbar for Mitsubishi an option which I thought was not at all a good one, as it made me feel very doubtful weather my Evo will be good for towing apart from hampering the looks was it worth all that. As I own a boat and love to take it for a spin on weekends.

I was told that the Evo is not suited to towing anything because of its sophisticated rear suspension but I don't accept that. I am only towing a small aluminum boat weighing 500kgs in total.

I currently have stock standard WRX with a towbar and it tows the boat without the slightest trouble. Surely an Evo did that without even a hitch. Which means for the Pajero you will not have to think even once. 

As I am buying a Pajero, so I know that my options as I would need to get a custom made towbar which fits my vehicle perfectly and the best part for me would be that when I drive away with a towbar fitted in the new car the warranty of my vehicle which is provided by the manufacturer will not be voided.

However, I think this would be unlikely, based on my layman's observation that the Evo and Pajero mountings are something which cannot be compared. I can imagine that the 2 cars are designed completely differently from the ground up.

No comments:

Post a Comment